Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Question of Gender

Quite frankly what is gender but a name given to the natural biological structures and processes of the body. Gender as described as male or female has always and forever been the description given to us from birth. With the ever expanding possibilities and features of technology we can no longer be what we were to be but what we want to physically look like akin to our emotions and what makes us feel the way we do. What makes us feel like a man or woman is known as our gender identity. For a long time I believed that we are only male or female. This is how we were born and this is house we shall die. This is how GOD created us and this is how HE wanted us to live whether or not our minds were at war with our outside appearance. With the technology of the future in our possession today we can now and make our minds cohesive to our bodies. Hence the appearance of transgendered people. Thus group also became the apart of the new LGBT group represent a set of people outside our norm. For these people I believe, they are agree that by becoming a transgendered individual they now become the new sex of their choice. As for me, my believe is that once born a man, you are a man. Once born a woman, you are a woman. Although this is my believe and I hold on to it everyday surgery and hormone treatment change gender in such a way that we no longer can tell at times what the original gender was completely obscured of their secret unless it is spoken. And the case of the greatest anomaly of all; transsexual also know as hermaphrodite. This has caused me to rethink my original judgments. Quite frankly once again this goes against the criteria of my original thoughts. An individual of both sexes, without the choice of converting to another because they are already of both sexes, both male and female at birth. What do I say or do? I can only sympathize with these people and look at them from a different light. There is no choice of going from sex A to sex B but only having the choice of being identified as A or B when unknown to most of the world they are the rarely heard of sex C. In this cause I give pardon beyond all others and state that whatever the wishes are of the transsexual group I am compliant to they’re choice of gender identification.


With this I do believe that although higher unlikely there is a possibility to a change of view on the issue of gender. This is solely because gender may no longer be looked at in the sense of a man and a woman but a new addition to the group that must be looked at and understood. With this I say that gender in a case of modern society may never appear the same with gender roles change to fit the new demands or society. Then gender identification with more and more people feeling out of place of their given gender status, whether because of being born as sex male or female or completely a different phenomenon transsexual.

No comments:

Post a Comment